Broome Health Campus
Government of WA
We redeveloped the Broome Regional Hospital to provide the latest clinical facilities and health care for the City of Broome and the wider Kimberley community. The work transformed the hospital into one of regional WA’s major health centres.
The redevelopment included the construction of:
• two new operating theatres;
• a specialist centre including a three-chair public dental clinic;
• expanded ward areas for medical and surgical services including two rooms specifically designed to meet mental health patient’s needs;
• a multi-purpose room for palliative care;
• a respiratory isolation room;
• a four bed high dependency unit with two beds primarily for acute renal dialysis patients;
• a neonatal nursery;
• a new central sterile supply department;
• a visiting lounge for patients and their families; and
• remodelling of the patient information management and triage areas.