The Quarter, Karratha
The Quarter is an integral part of the Karratha City of the North (KCN) Plan, produced in partnership by the Western Australian State Government and the Shire of Roebourne, which provides the principle framework for growth and development of Karratha to a regional city of 50,000 people.
The Quarter development is a project that has the ability to bring widespread economic, employment and social benefits and as such is a key step in the total regeneration of the Karratha City Centre. The development, that we successfully delivered, comprises:
- a four storey commercial building consisting of ground floor retail, cafes, restaurants and a further three levels of office floorspace designed for potential strata tenancies;
- a four storey car park;
- a three storey service workers accommodation building with one bedroom apartments designed for future strata titling; and
- a public realm/open space inclusive of a high quality landscaped plaza, pedestrian walkways, water features, children's play area, artwork, internal street accces and open parking areas.
- Overall Price for the Best Commercial Building;
- Best Commercial/ Industrial Building over $20 million;
- Best Civil Engineering Work over $6.5 million;
- Excellence in Glazing; and
- Excellence in Innovative Cladding.
The Quarter also won Best Regional Project and was a finalist for the Overall Bankwest Best Project at the 2017 Master Builders - Bankwest Excellence in Construction Awards.
Completion Date: Apr 2016
Location: Karratha, WA
Market Sector: Commercial