Excellence within Doric has been recognised by the industry and peers alike, with a number of prestigious awards. We have been recognised in all areas of operations - construction, engineering, human resources, safety, customer service and company growth.
Business Excellence Framework
We raised industry standards to their highest level after becoming the first Australian contracting company to be presented with the Business Excellence Framework Gold Award and the Excellence Medal for 2010.
The Business Excellence Framework is part of a suite of comparable frameworks such as Malcolm Baldridge in the US and the EFQM European Model that promote proven leadership and management principles and practices to world standards. It has generally been adopted by companies with significant resources that compete globally. The award recognises companies which are leaders in the areas of:
- Strategy & Planning
- Knowledge & Information
- Customer & Market Focus
- Innovation, Quality & Improvement
- Success & Sustainability
The MBA Excellence in Construction Awards have been recognised by industry professionals and the Government as the hallmark event for the commercial, industrial and civil engineering sectors.
We have won over 70 MBA Awards. Below is a selection of awards that we have received in the last five years;
- Kimberley Pilbara Overall Prize for the Best Commercial Building
- Kimberley Pilbara Best Commercial/ Inudstrial Building over $20 million
- Kimberley Pilbara Best Civil Engineering Work over $6.5 million
- Kimberley Pilbara Excellence in Glazing
- Kimberley Pilbara Excellence in Innovative Cladding
- Kimberley Pilbara Best Commercial/ Industrial Building $6.5 million to $20 million
- Kimberley Pilbara Innovative use of Building Materials
- Kimberley Pilbara Excellence in Recyling
- Kimberley Pilbara Excellence in Energy Efficiency
- 2016 Bankwest Best Project Finalist
- Best Public Use Building over $10 million
- Best Building Fitout over $10 million
- Best Multi-Unit Development over $20 million
- Best Education Building over $50 million
- Overall Best Regional Project
- Kimberley Pilbara Overall Best Commercial Building
- Kimberley Pilbara Best Commercial Building over $6.5 million
- Kimberley Pilbara Judges Innovation Award
- Innovative Use of Building Materials
- Certificate of Merit
- Kimberly Pilbara Best Overall North West Commercial Building
- Kimberly Pilbara Best Steel Building Award
- Kimberly Pilbara Commercial Buildings over $6.5 million
- Best Regional Project (Finalist)
- Best Regional Project
- Overall Best Construction Project
- Best Steel Construction Project
- Best Regional State Government Building
- Best Public Use Building
- Best Education Building over $5 million
- Best Multi-Unit Development for the Oceanique Apartments
AIB awards recognise the highest standards of building and construction management, research and development of building projects in Australia and acknowledge the professional excellence of an individual in the building and construction process. Employees of Doric have won over 25 AIB awards.
Engineering Excellence Awards
Our support extends across the WA Engineering Excellence Awards program, encouraging engineering excellence by identifying, recognising and promoting excellence in the science and practice of engineering. A level of peer recognition of engineering excellence exists around these awards and in turn raises the profile of the profession and of local engineering and highlights the contribution of engineers to the economy, to the community and to the environment.
The strength of our systems was demonstrated in 2007 when the Doric Management System won the category of ’Management of Engineering’ at the 2007 WA Engineering Excellence Awards.